Monday, October 29, 2007

Tag, a new blog and postcard

Here's today's rather odd postcard - #51.
I am posting as I promised I'd post whatever I made to send to my son. This one --- well its sorta borders on strange and ugly. I mention this because Lauren talks about "permission to make something ugly" on her blog today - its definitely worth the read (and to look at her beauteous books). I've gotten much better about this in the past say 2 years - getting over my perfectionism and even sharing anything I make. Trust me when I say a few years back you never would have seen me posting this bit of strangeness anywhere. And I'm not totally sure I think its awful - but it gives me some thoughts on what i will do for more postcards this week. and that's a good thing (in my best Martha imitation)
I meant to work on postcards yesterday but shtuff got in the way - mostly running hither and yon. I had to run my daughter to a friend's house yesterday (study group - physics test in a few days dontcha know) and on my way home i stopped by AC Moore for 10 minutes of fun - i thought. You know I didnt see a thing I wanted? I guess I have it all LOL! which is my segue to this portion of our program for the day:
I've been tagged by June so here goes:
1. If you could have 100.00 worth of scrapbook paper or assorted embellishments, which would you choose? Paper (i hope cardstock counts... but paper over embellishments any day!)
2. If you had to choose between using only stamps or rubons, which would you choose? Now that's easy - stamps!
3. If you knew how to do both awesome cards and layouts but could only do one for a whole year...which would you do? As much as I love making cards, I really would have to say layouts (cos after the year was over i'd be sooooo caught up LOL!)
4. Would you rather own a scrapbooking store or have your own scrapping room at home...(can't have both he he he) I would never want to own a store (i've worked in one already) I'd pick my own room (which i have!)
5. What is your CURRENT cardmaking or scrapping style? Style Shmile. I'm just making stuff. However if anyone has an idea of what my style is... let me know - i have no stinkin clue.
New blog: Have you seen this one: Adventures in Diecutting The Official Quickutz Blog
ok.. i gotta get goin....

9 comments:

Jean Katherine Baldridge said...

gee. I am so puzzled cause I thoroughly love it!!!

June Houck said...

I love that fall postcard...purty colors, and stamps to match!

Babsarella said...

Ugly??? Getouttahere!!! I LOVE it!!! Great colors and composition!!! VEDDY NICE!!!

Lisa Renéa said...

I think the card looks great!

Amy Sheffer said...

I wish my ugly looked that good. I loved it! And thanks for the "permission to make something ugly" and 3BT sidetrip. Very cool!

lauren bergold said...

ok, well i give you *DOUBLE* permission to make "something ugly"...b/c you soooooooooo have not done it yet!!!!!!!!!!!

this is another "art thing" i find fascinating: there is absolutely NO "ground zero", bottom-level, objective description of "ugly"...or beautiful...for that matter! you'd think there'd be a baseline on which everyone would agree, but NO!!!

to me, this is lovely, and layered, and practically the quintessence of autumn...not to mention absolutely GORGEOUS! (but i don't discount the fact that you didn't feel that way...and yet were brave enough to post it anyhow--so a big WOOHOO to you!!!) :)

orneryswife said...

I loved the look of this card. It has that "shabby chic" look that is so popular now. I especially like the purple with the bronzy color.
TM

Sue McGettigan said...

I see nothing ugly about this card!! It's gawjus!

Donna Layton said...

Well, I guess I'm a weirdo because I really like this card. You're good at overstamping. The colors work and it's straight. I like it.