Saturday, November 10, 2012

There's No Place Like Home for the Holidays

Well I finally am back to share 2, yes 2 cards. One Christmas and one Thank You card. I made this first one with a PTI set called Winter Hills. Best thing about that set is aside from the wonderful images it has such a variety of sentiments for all kinds of occasions - total bonus. With that said, I was flipping through my stamps and wanted to use this wonderful sentiment from an older PTI set called Home for the Holidays (a holiday addition to the Boards & Beams set). It just seemed so perfect with a little Fine Linen gingham patterned paper. I colored the image with some Prismacolor pencils and distressed the edge of the image with my fingers. Pretty simple card but I am pleased with it.



Now onto the Thank You....
We had a lovely visit from my husband's Aunt on Monday. She is such a wonderful woman and the very best house guest ever. And she never comes empty-handed as she is impeccably good-mannered as well. A few bottles of wine and the most wonderful rooster tin sculpture. I'm in love with him. I need to snap a pic to share. At any rate I needed to thank her for said Rooster (kicking myself I didn't purchase that fabulous On the Farm set PTI came out with a few months back - that Rooster in the set would have been the ultimate in appropos thanking!) and came up with this card. I don't know if you can see the yellow in the background patterned paper but that is what dictated my choice of a mustard ink for the main image here. I originally tried the "red" ink I used in the card above but it wasn't a good match. The sentiment image is from Tagged Sentiments. (That patterned paper is from my very old stash of Chatterbox papers - sigh - I loved Chatterbox....)
Okay now back to folding laundry... Have a good one!

2 comments:

Babsarella said...

Love all your wonderful cards. You certainly have been busy. Now I need to buckle down and start making some.

Marybeth said...

Both beautiful! Love the first one with the gingham and the winter hills colored beautifully. Cant wait to see the tin rooster.