Sunday, November 11, 2012

Dashing through the snow

Oh it's a wonderful thing when you have a little time and you can make a few cards right? You get into that zone and you make stuff you like :-)
So today I have a card that came together so nicely for me and I love it. I think I shall make a few more of these. I was looking around for some sheet music online - something Christmas-sy (is that a word?). I do have some vintage sheet music in my stash but not Christmas. I found it in no time (isn't the internet a wonderful thing?)and printed some up and here's what I did with it.
I used Papertrey Ink's In the Meadow stamp set & dies for the sentiment and sleigh, some of their Scarlett Jewel cardstock and patterned paper. I'm not sure if you can see it but I used some Tim Holtz Antique Linen ink to distress around the edges of the music sheet (even though it was a lovely aged yellow right off my printer it needed the edges darkened up). I adhered the sleigh with pop dots. Then I took a long look and decided it needed perhaps some ribbon? Nah.. then I knew what would finish it off - some german scrap I had in my stash. I do so wish there was a die for that! LOL It's similar to a rick rack or a pinked edge but that really isn't the look I was going for - and that german scrap is embossed with the lovliest beading detail yaknow? So there you have it -  sortofa clean and simple vintage card. I'm gonna try a few more of this type card with some more of the stamps/dies in that set.
Have a lovely day!

8 comments:

Camilla said...

wow ... its very nice
I like the sensation the card gives me. Its a real christmas card.

Leigh Penner said...

This is so perfect with the sheet music background!

carol (krillsister) said...

Gorgeous card. Love the sheet music in the background.

Karen C. said...

Beautiful combination of stamps, dies and background paper. Just perfect!!

Babsarella said...

OMG!! PERFECTION!! Love the cool music background!!

June Houck said...

Oh Tracy, this is stunning! And totally frame-able. Gorgeous gold trim...yummy card!!!

Marybeth said...

Tracy this is stunning! I would never have guessed you printed the music. I agree with you... didn't need a bow. You have got some creative thing going on …I love seeing this set used.

Kathy Mc said...

Have been planning to use In The Meadow for my Christmas cards this year, but just not sure how. You've shown some excellent examples here so just might have to use them as a starting point. TFS!