Saturday, November 24, 2012

A birthday card

How are you? Survived Thanksgiving I see. Me too. Although I'm too pooped to pop (a family expression - means I'm tired!). Actually I am gaining a little steam. I had to work yesterday (Friday) and when I got home, I did veeery little LOL. I was makin up for Thursday when I did a lot. Anyway earlier in the week, before Turkey, stuffing, pies etc I quickly made a card for my dear Aunt (who is also my Godmother). She will be celebrating her 94th birthday on Monday and I wanted to make sure I got that card in the mail by yesterday. So I made the card and set it aside to mail. With all the turkey day festivities etc I totally forgot to put it in an envelope and address it. On my way home from work yesterday afternoon I realized it. eek! I got home, quickly pulled out an envelope, addressed it and ran it out to the mailbox - fortunately the mailman hadn't been by yet. So the card - I used 2 Papertrey Ink sets: Autumn Abundance and Tagged Sentiments. I also used the Scarlett Jewel Pattern Paper pack and Mat Stack 3 and Mat Stack 3 Layerz dies. I colored the image using Prismacolor pencils for the flowers and vase and copics for the leaves. I took this pic right before I put the card in the envelope - inotherwords reallllly fast. Shame cos I was quite pleased with my coloring with the pencils and you can't really tell here.
Anyway - I need to get a move on. I have some online shopping to do LOL! I'm trying to avoid the stores as long as I can. The online shopping - I know what I'm buying today (2 birthday gifts and 3 Christmas) for a niece and 2 nephews. I'm just not prepared for the mall yet! Have a wonderful day.

7 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Very pretty! I love how well that sentiment fits on the Mat Stack!

Terri said...

Great birthday card. I bet your aunt will love it.

Leah said...

Very pretty! I'm sure she will love it. We are celebrating Thanksgiving with my parents today and I am so excited! Made 2 pies this morning and have been decorating for Christmas. I hope you have a great weekend!

carol (krillsister) said...

Very pretty! Your coloring is lovely. I like the scarlet jewel pattern paper you used.

Babsarella said...

Beautiful card!

Pamela said...

This is beautiful! I love how elegant the background looks!

June Houck said...

Happy 94th birthday to your Auntie/Godmother. I am sure she loved this pretty card!