Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Love Lives Here Holiday Ornament

So I have been playing with PTI's Love Lives Here: Holiday and Tag Sale #4 to make some ornaments for family for Christmas. I fell in love with some ornaments that Erin Lincoln did with this set - you can see it here if you click on the little thumbnails below the set image. So as I said I've been playing around with the stamps a little and here's what I made so far.
Yes I added a little bit of a face - so sue me. I just wanted a face on this sweet angel but isn't that what is so nice about stamps - you can make anything  you want!


Which brings me to the next thing. The little sentiment you see here - well I altered it a little. It's from PTI's Happiest of Holidays - an absolutely wonderful set! Those lines on the banner weren't long enough to make me happy for my purposes here (and there were some other pesky words in the way LOL) So again I'm altering things up. Here's a pic of the stamp as is next to the ornament I made.
So I stamped the sentiment then extended the lines with a pen then cut out the parts of the sentiment I wanted to keep, distressed a little with some Tim Holtz Antique Linen and voila... sentiment that suits my needs :-)

Ok I gotta run. Have a date with some chocolate chip cookie dough and my Mom :-)

Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

Angélique said...

Gorgeous creation... love it!
Thanks so much for sharing it.

*hugs*
Angélique

Babsarella said...

Beautiful!! I know these will be greatly appreciated!!

craftmates said...

Beautiful!! Clever use of the sentiment! - Irma

Marybeth said...

Your tag is gorgeous! I love the sweet angel. I don't have that one only the waltzingmouse . She is perfect on a tag or ornament!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.