Sunday, November 18, 2012

a change of pace

Taking a break from the Christmas stuff to make a card for a baptism. One of our nephews had a little boy not long ago and he will be baptized this coming weekend. Unfortunately, in a state too far away so we will be unable to attend :-( But of course a card is not out of the question right?
Now I have a lot of stamps but I don't have anything appropriate for the occasion. I know... I've actually looked off and on over the years but never found anything quite right. So I went in search this morning but still came up empty. My backup plan was to find a paper or an embellishment to use. On that score I got lucky and found some lovely crosses from Jolee's. So I got that and a package of faux pearl embellishments (Recollections) and got down to business. I printed the sentiment on my computer onto some vellum and clear embossed it. I cut out those frames using Papertrey's Mat Stack 3 and Mat Stack 3 Layerz. Also embossed a piece of cardstock with a Cuttlebug embossing folder.
Okay that's all from me today - I'm off to make a lasagna for Wednesday - yes Wednesday - cos I'll be too busy to cook with all the Thanksgiving prep and will still have a house full of hungry people! Have a good one!

1 comment:

Babsarella said...

What an elegant card! Love the embossed background and the sentiment on the vellum.