Monday, November 12, 2012

Christmas Tree

So I'm back with another card today - a little more vintage Christmas sheet music too.
I used PTI's In the Meadow stamp set and dies again. I just love the sentiments in this set - as well as the timeless images. You can't beat a silhouette sometimes. So much information in a shape - just the impression and your mind fills in the rest. Genius.
Anywho...Like yesterday, I printed out the sheet music and used a little TH Antique Linen around the edges.
For the tree - I originally tried stamping the snowflakes using versamark (as you see in the bottom section with the sentiment) but I just wasn't liking it. So I tried again with the Fresh Snow inkpad - I think it ties the tree to the sentiment nicer. I also clear embossed both the snowflakes and the sentiment. When I was done with all that I thought it needed something. I remembered seeing someone's card where they put a little cardinal in the tree and I thought that might finish it off - he looks kinda cute (and the red ties the background to the foreground - so that was that).

2 comments:

Babsarella said...

Yes yes yes!! Love this wonderful card. Clean and elegant, yet with a vintage vibe. Just perfect!!

Kathy Mc said...

Off to check the web for printable sheet music as your cards are beautiful. Great idea!