Saturday, March 17, 2007

Happy St. Patrick's Day


when i went up the road last week to the Old Lucketts store this is the postcard i found. isn't it just great? It's postmarked on the back (wish the Post Office had spared the front) Feb. 19th, 1910. I just love the idea that this postcard is almost 100 years old. isn't that something? It's addressed to a lady in Indiana named Pauline. The writer asks Pauline if she had a nice time at the automobile show in Chicago. don't you just love it? Oh and the stamp is one cent.
I hope you are having a great St. Paddy's day. We had our soda bread with coffee this morning and it was, if i do say so myself, dee-lish.
oh and i'm posting another link for this wonderful countdown calendar http://countdown.tentwostudios.com/
there are just so many wonderful images and isn't she so kind to post them all?

1 comment:

Donna Layton said...

Well, you know how much I love old for the sake of old. Just makes me happy to see something that has survived 100 years and to read communication between people who are no longer here. I'm just glad that those strangers can reach out and touch my life without even knowing it.