Thursday, January 01, 2015

Happy New Year! and a graduation card

Welcome 2015!
and welcome friends - good to see you for another year.
I needed to make a graduation card for a nephew/godchild who recently graduated college.

Now the color scheme here might seem to skew girly but I'm thinking more celebratory, confetti... I like it - sorta happy ya know? And what's happier than graduating college?

I used an older PTI set - Celebrations. It makes a fast card with those big sentiments - and you can't not love that. But for all its rainbowy, bold sentiments I felt it needed something. I decided on using an oldie but a goodie - a set of dies from Quickutz - a graduation cap. Those dies have more than paid for themselves given the number of times I've hauled them out over the years!
So yay - card #1 for the new year. And many more to come. Have a good one~

1 comment:

Marybeth said...

Happy New Year to you Tracy and I love the card you made for your godson. Very happy as it should be.