Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Year of Cards - January

You knew I'd get back here with at least the last of my "Year of Cards" didn't you?  Good, cos that's what I'm gonna do right now. But first....
It's been an incredibly hectic holiday season. I actually had to send off 2 boxes of gifts without their Year of Cards boxes because I just couldn't get them finished (the stamps I needed and ordered arrived but I was under a pile o'Christmas). But right after Christmas I got to work and whipped up 12 of these (yes, I made extra. Originally I'd planned on 8 YOC's gifts and started making 9 cards at a pop somewhere along the line. Then I decided I needed 9 gifts... suffice it to say I had a complete 8 sets then had to add in the month's I was missing... oyvey I was a card making fool). I had them all packaged up in time to bring to Parlett Christmas in Delaware on Saturday. And they were very much appreciated -  which of course made my heart happy.
So for January's addition I felt I had to use that perfectly beautiful sentiment (there are others in the $5 little set) - it was just right. But what else? I'd seen a card using tiny little snowflakes but I was looking for something a little bolder. Then I remembered I had a few snowflake stamps - in a set of Making Memories foam stamps (do you have any of those? I remember needing all those sets. And I do have quite a few. Those foam stamps are just the easiest stamps to use.) I pulled them out and selected a medium sized snowflake. I stamped them in Versamark and used clear embossing powder then finishing off  by sponging on PTI Aqua Mist ink. I had already decided I'd put a stitched border on the left hand side - machine stitching with some lovely silver metallic thread I'd picked up months ago in Hobby Lobby. You'll see here a couple of variations of stitching but on the ones I gave away - those all had two lines of straight stitching. I like how they came out (and they were quick to make - even with the stitching.)
Okay, I'm off for now. I am pondering the new year - aren't we all?  I just took a look at the years I've been blogging here. It will be 10 years in January. How can that be????
Looking forward to what 2015 will bring -  Happy New Year!

No comments: