Monday, January 26, 2015

It didn't work for the challenge but I like it anyway

Hi friends. Did you ever see a challenge on a "challenge" blog and decide you're going to give that a go and realize... no, that's not gonna work. Well, maybe you haven't. Maybe you kept trying and you made something you liked and yay for you! :-)  This time I don't think it worked out for me for the challenge but I like that I still made something.
The challenge I saw was for paper piecing which I happen to enjoy so I thought great - I'll try that. Then I realized the stamps I had really don't lend themselves to paper piecing (you needed to use a particular company's stamps) - they're not line stamps - more flat image. I thought about it some more and said I'm making something with the stamps I have anyway - they haven't seen ink in a while. So I set off making this card. I went to my patterned paper scrap box and chose that plaid piece. Then I found another piece of patterned paper with polka dots and stamped my image on it with a similar but darker color pink. I liked how that came out and clear embossed it. I like that you can still see the polka dots right through the stamping. I found yet another piece of patterned paper - this time the green paper I cut the leaves from - it had a very subtle pattern and texture too. I stamped the leaf image from the set on the paper with a similar but darker ink - it picked up the texture which I really liked. I finished the card using one of the sentiments in the set and I had a card. Not the card that I set out to make but it worked out fine in the end.
Hope you're having a good day - it was lightly snowing earlier here but has stopped. I think we're dodging the "blizzard" bullet here in northern Virginia. Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Leigh Penner said...

So pretty!