Thursday, January 22, 2015

Happy Birthday Michele

Today's card is for my friend Michele. And, as she is the owner of Purple Onion Designs, I thought I'd use some of her Stacey Yacula stamps for her card.
I'd wanted to use these guys for a while and had such fun making this card. First is Robin - the cute little birdie with the striped shirt. Then there's that cute branch (its actually got blossoms but I opted to color them as leaves - that's the wonderful thing about stamps- and especially the kind you can color with Copics - that's what I used to color all the images - you can make it anyway you wanna!) I also used the cute butterfly buddies, Flit & Flutter. I decided to stamp them several times, colored them, then fussy cut them. I used some Glossy Accents to attach the layers of each butterfly as I wanted to pop up their wings a bit - Glossy Accents is great for that. I also added a bit of Wink of Stella to give them a little sparkle. I cut the kraft cardstock with a Circle Nestabilities then embossed it with the Woodgrain Impression plate from Papertrey Ink. I popped the whole card up on some adhesived backed foam (I cut a piece using the same circle die which made it so easy). The sentiment was printed on my computer and cut with the Double-Ended banners die from PTI. Oh and one last thing - I did take some kraft ink to the kraft cardstock- the area surrounding the circle opening just to define it a little more - darken up those edges.
I think it came out pretty cute.
Happy Birthday Michele!

No comments: