Monday, October 06, 2014

30th Anniversary

I wish I could've gotten a better pic of this card but - suffice it to say it looks really beautiful in real life. Anywho...
It's that time again folks to share a card I made for my wonderful husband of 30 years. Really - 30 years - as of today. It is really hard to believe. On the one hand, it seems like yesterday. I can remember events in sortofa dream like way. Like a flashback on tv. Little snippets: getting pictures taken in the morning, the church wedding, taking more photos outside of church and again at the reception venue (missing the cocktail hour because of it ;-(), the reception - feeling almost in a daze and not being able to eat much, wonderful friends and family; going to see my grandmother in the nursing home - because she wasn't able to come, my husband and I drove over to the nursing home- me in my dress and my husband in his morning coat and all the inhabitants of the nursing home coming alive to see a "bride & groom" visiting - my grandmother so happy to see us all dressed up. It was a magical day. Thank goodness we have a lot of pictures to help us fill in the blanks :-)
And on the other hand - yes - it's been 30 years. A lot going on over 30 years.
30 years later - 2 children and life and death happenings filling in the intervening years.. I'm still feeling pretty darned lucky to have found this wonderful man to have spent my life with and hopefully grow old with.
Okay - that's enough reminiscing - on to the card.
This wonderful man loves travel and maps. And given that we spent 3 weeks travelling abroad this spring it seemed appropriate to pull out the travel and map stamps (Papertrey Ink Pack Your Bags and World Map; the Happy Anniversary sentiment is from Keep It Simple: Anniversary while the other sentiment is from Pack Your Bags ). I stamped and also heat embossed (gold suitcase hardware there) the suitcases. You'll also see some machine stitching on this card. And some foam tape to pop up those suitcases. And if you look really close you can see the wee little luggage tag from the set - I wrote in "30 years".
I know he will like it - there's a map! :-)
Alrighty, that's all for today. I need to get some things done today cos this girl is being taken out for dinner this evening and there's lots to do between now and then. Have a wonderful day!

No comments: