Saturday, October 11, 2014

Year of Cards: September

 Hey there - I'm trying to catch up and post things but there doesn't seem to be enough time in the day.

Anyway...

I have been stamping like crazy for my Year of Cards gifts for Christmas. I came up with September's edition maybe a week or two ago but just sat down yesterday to get them all stamped and assembled.

When I was making September I thought I'd use some burlap I had on hand but it just wasn't working. So I went to Michael's where I found this lovely burlap wired ribbon which I think worked perfectly.

I wish the picture accurately reflected the shine of the ink. I used a Colorbox Copper ink. It's pretty. Really pretty stamped on this Enchanted Evening (PTI) cardstock. The combo is very "autumn" to me. I was worried I wouldn't get through all the cards as the ink pad seemed like it was drying up and (gasp) I have no reinker for it.

(For the record, I pretty much make it a rule to buy a reinker when I purchase ink pads. Getting reinkers later is often problematic - which is why I made that little rule in the first place! LOL But I think this Copper Ink pad purchase was pre-rule ;-)) But I made it through 9 cards and there may just be life in that ink pad yet! (and the reinker is in my Amazon cart as we speak)

The leaf stamps and die are from Papertrey Ink's Leaf Prints set (oh how I love this stamp set!)

and the sentiment (3 different stamps) is from Birthday Classics: September (is that not the prettiest font for the word September? - yes, it is.).

I edged the diecut leaf in the copper ink as well.

If you're keeping track - yes, I still have the months of May and October to do (and of course November, December and January). May is on the drawing table half-stamped. October is sort of sketched out.  And I've got ideas floating around in my head for packaging. But hey it's only October right? I've got a little bit of time.

Thanks for stopping by!



No comments: