Wednesday, July 04, 2007

illustration friday - twist


Yes i am doing a collage for Illustration Friday this time.
I've been on a little ATC jag for the past few days. They're fun to do.
I needed to make a few ATC's and was looking for some images online. I stumbled upon this image of a woman knitting and she looked just a little scarey to me - in that wrapped-too-tight kinda way if you know what i mean.
Anyway I have a most wonderful friend Annie who just happens to be on a knitting binge of late. She's a knitting machine! Fortunately for me, Annie has many wonderful traits which include a fabulous sense of humor. I am sure she will be amused by this little tribute to her.
oh if you're having trouble reading it, it says:
"While her knitting was perfectly straight, Annie, herself, was a little twisted."

9 comments:

June Houck said...

I'm sure she will love it!

Anonymous said...

omgosh....too funny! love it.
-c

Anonymous said...

Hello,

On the first and second of September, my friends and I, together with our Hobbyclub Retro, organise an exposition in the theme of ‘Travel around the world’.

But to make it a real ‘Travel around the world’, we ask your help. In our exposition we want to create a huge wall of ATC-cards. This is why we ask you: Who wants to trade ATC-cards with us?

The technique is completely free and if it’s possible, it would be nice if you would take your own country/region as your theme. It is not obliged to do this. We are happy with a little trade :-) The amount of ATC-cards can be chosen by yourself, and you will get the same amount in return.

If you want to help us, you can contact us on the following e-mailadresses: ilsedecoster@telenet.be or lindadegucht@telenet.be

Hopefully we recieve some positive reactions and a wall of ATC-cards, wich we thank you for in advance.

With pleasant greetings, ilse

Babsarella said...

Oh crack me up!!! This is just too too perfect for Miss Annie!!!!

Jean Katherine Baldridge said...

HAHAHA!!! i LOVE IT

Joan Y said...

Tracy, this has got to be the funniest ATC I've ever seen! LOL. I'm still chuckling! Oh, ever notice that the fellow in your blog picture (your dad, I presume) sure looks like Lyndon B. Johnson?!

Tracy said...

thank you everyone. i'm hoping Annie doesn't come by here before her atc arrives... today or monday.
and Joan - that's my grandfather (my dad's dad) and you know it must be the picture cos he didnt look like LBJ at all - and definitely didnt sound like him LOL - he was a NewYorker thru and thru!

Sue McGettigan said...

Huge guffaws over here, yes, Annie is a little twisted but her knitting is totally spot on!!

Donna Layton said...

Perfect for our twisted friend Annie!