Monday, July 23, 2007

EDM #7 - Draw a bottle from the kitchen



here's a drawing i did last week. Been doing a little this and that and didn't get a chance to post it or some of the others i've been doing. regardless, i did this in my sketchbook with a Micron 005. That is a mighty fine line (i'm not talkin about the quality of my drawing LOL - but how very fine that tip is) but it seem like a good choice. I'd been doing so much crosshatching and more of a rendering of objects lately - well i needed a break. So i went for more of a simple line drawing. I was thinking about which challenge to try next and was in the kitchen rooting around in the cabinets looking for something that would be interesting to draw. I love this bottle and had forgotten about it. It's one of those Good Season's (salad dressing) bottles - but it's probably some kind of collectors item. Its an oldie (but definitely a goodie). When my mom was preparing to move out of her house in New Jersey, tons of stuff was making its way into the pile for a garage sale. I had to rescue some things :-) Silly things like this bottle - that have memories attached to them - at least for me.

Anyway I'll be posting some more drawings this week. In between reading. As you recall the book (Harry Potter #7 of course!) arrived on Saturday. I gave it to my daughter on Saturday afternoon. She'd finished her school assigned summer book (actually she's got to read another but i wasn't going to be that mean and make her wait to read Harry until after that one too!) and set off to begin Harry. Saturday afternoon I was tormented by her squealing out loud a number of times! She read for about 4 hours and then had to go to the park for the play she's tech-ing for. She didn't get home til about 11:30 pm Saturday nite and I know she went to bed around 2 pm. She is a fast reader - and she had that book finished before noon on Sunday. Really. I thought she was still reading and when i returned from the grocery store Sunday morning she said oh yeah i finished the book and then she got this HUGE smile on her face. and she squealed again. I told her to stop it. She's a cutie that one. Off I go... things to do.

6 comments:

Babsarella said...

Love the drawing!!! Just WONDERFUL!!! I am reading HP also. Picked up the book on Sat and started Sat pm. Only go to chapter 3 before I fell asleep. Picked it up again last night and could not keep my eyes open long enough to finishe chapter 8. I think I need to load up on the coffee late in the day so I can get a but further. I have to keep hiding it from Mark though, because he wants to skip to the end to see what happens and then torment me. I have lots of hiding places!! :0)

June Houck said...

Ugh!!! I hope my mom brings our HP book on Wed. Doug gets first dibs, while I re-read book #6. I am trying to finish another book today so I can start on book 6.
Love the drawing, but especially the story with it. I have an old Peter Pan jar I got from my Grandma before she & Grandpa sold their house. I have it in a drawer in my bedroom...

Lisa Renéa said...

Oh my stars, Tracyyyy! I love this drawing! One of my fav childhood memories!
Your on such a roll, can't wait to see what you draw next. I love this!, oops, did i say that already?

Jean Katherine Baldridge said...

I would call this drawing delightful!!! and cool!

juj said...

This is my favorite kind of drawing, and imo the hardest to achieve, but you've done a fabulous job. It's so simple and clean, not too tight, not too much information but exactly enough to be complete - it's just perfect.

Donna Layton said...

That bottle is so cool. I don't remember those old bottles. Wonder what decade they are from? Of course, your drawing is amazing. I have a really pretty Waterford decanter that I wish you could draw. You'd be able to capture all those cuts in the crystal. Just amazing what you can do. Amazing.
I love the way E reads the books before you. I bet you were dying, but now, I know, you've got relief. Don't you kinda wish you could do it all over again? I hate finishing a great book. Gives me the melancholies.