Monday, July 16, 2007

CRABULOUS!


That word - CRABULOUS - was coined by my daughter a few years back. I did a scrapbook page about it. (i know i have a picture of that layout but i can't find it!) We'd gone out to her favorite restaurant for her birthday dinner. She dined on crab legs - her favorite thing. That night before she went to bed i asked her - so how was your birthday? to which she replied - CRABULOUS! The kid's a corker, i tell ya.

The word came to mind while i was working on this card. Not that the card is especially fabulous or crabulous but the stamp set sure is - and so is my friend June - who gave me the stamp set. Well actually June would be FABULOUS (anything with the word crab would never describe June - she's got one of the most sunny personalities ever! Yes, June - you do!) Let me back up and explain. Last Friday I had a date to meet up with my good friends, Mary and June. I've mentioned before we get together and make things (and do a lot of talkin!). Not long after Mary and I arrived at June's, June told me she had a surprise for me. I was going to have an early birthday! (i told her i ain't getting one year older one second earlier than i gotta..... ). Then she presented me with a cute little gift bag. Of course there was an adorable card made by June which you can see here and inside the bag was the Crab & Company stamp set I'd wanted so badly. She and Mary were quite the clever ones - keeping this gift a secret from me - knowing I'd wanted to order it but was holding off. Then not realizing it was being retired - I was quite upset at myself for stalling. My craziness over this silly little set of stamps drove me to even email StampinUp! to ask them to kindly reinstate the set for the Spring/Summer catalog (Which btw - June & Mary - they actually replied and told me just what you said Mary - it will be in the next catalog! But now i don't need it - i have it!) I know - what's all the fuss over a stamp set? Well its just the cutest darn thing and that crab - THAT CRAB - he's just adorable. I laugh literally out load when i look at him. And although it doesn't look like something i normally would use - look over my stuff - it isn't - i was obsessed with that stamp set. And I am fortunate to have a sweetheart of a friend who heard me say it quite a while ago - and ordered it for me - and then surprised me with the set for an early birthday gift. I know i'm a lucky girl to have a friend like June.
Not to mention a sweet friend like Mary - also a gem. BAck to Friday - we were joined by another sweetie - Holly. Great addition Holly was to our little girl fun fest! I'll hav to post some of our little creations tomorrow.
A quick note on my card here - it looks a hundred times better in real life. I don't for the life of me understand why the sand area at the bottom of the card scanned up white.... the whole bottome section of the card is a sandy color. Whatever! ok - gotta run!

6 comments:

Babsarella said...

What a fun day, and such terrific friends to know how much you wanted this set and to get it for you!!! Can't wait to see the cute cards you will be makin with it...Love this adorable card too!!

June Houck said...

I think the card turned out super cute! I love all the extras you added in and colored...the sand, party hats, presents, other shell critter. I'd love to see it in person.

Jean Katherine Baldridge said...

I think that is cuter than sebaastian!!!

I love that card and the story, too!!!

Happy Early Birthday!

Kerilou said...

This set was very popular! Glad you got it! And what a nice surprise to boot! Keri

michelle cook infantino said...

love the card. that crab is hilarious.

Donna Layton said...

What sweet girls. So glad you have those crafty friends. The stamp set is pretty cute. You get kinda crazy about monkeys too.