Friday, November 16, 2007

Postcards and Christmas Cards





Here's todays postcard from home - the gingham stamp is from Impression Obsession and the other stamp is SU -Elegant Ornaments set


(retired i'm sure)


and here's the one from yesterday





I am sure i picked up this foam stamp in Michaels - i've long since forgotten who made it. When i saw it I thought it reminded me of Matisse's shapes from his later years - here's a sample or two.





see what I mean? Anyway.....

I've been working on my Christmas cards for the past week. I'm done with all the scoring and still have a little cutting to do. I have to stamp the main image. Yesterday i spent stamping and cutting out the sentiments. I'll take a picture of my little assembly line once i've got all the pieces ready. In the meantime I want to pass along this request. A friend sent me an email about this and I wanted to pass it along here.When you're doing your Christmas cards, make an extra one and mail it to this address:
A Recovering American soldier
c/o Walter Reed Army Medical Center
6900 Georgia Avenue,NW
Washington ,D..C. 20307-5001
Isn't that a great idea?

8 comments:

lauren bergold said...

oh, that IS a fabulous idea! i will make *51* cards, then!

looooooove the pc's, as usual; the foam stamp one IS totally matissey! :)

Jean Katherine Baldridge said...

I love the cards, an yes, that is a lovely idea. I will do that.

lauren bergold said...

sorry to blog-jack but: i hadn't had a clue that rudolph was r. scarry either! it's interesting b/c now that i KNOW it is, i can see his style is *there* but when i started making the cards i just thought, "omg, these deer are SO CUTE...i wonder who did these?" :) i have edited my post to incorporate this info...and discuss my fave characters from WDPDAD!!! (i loooooove lowly worm!)

Donna Layton said...

Cool stamping on the daily postcards. Glad you're making good progress with your HUGE quantity of Christmas cards. BTW, I love the Christmas card. It's beautiful.

lauren bergold said...

HEY!!! those are absolutely *awesome* links, i have just spent a wonderful half hour reading about richard scarry (whose life was as interesting as his art!) and then i added those links into my post.

thank you thank you thank you!!! :)

June Houck said...

I like the quilt/gingham pc, and the funky matisse-style too. I can't wait to see your Christmas card assembly!

June Houck said...

I like the quilt/gingham pc, and the funky matisse-style too. I can't wait to see your Christmas card assembly!

Babsarella said...

Can't wait to see yoru holiday cards! Thanks for the address!! Cute postcards!