Saturday, June 02, 2007

Been making a few things



Whilst i'm not stalking the sweet birdies, i actually have been making things. So today i thought i would share a few.
first a card for a friend who had a birthday recently
I was dying to use my Purple Onion 2007 calendar stamp and this was a perfect opportunity. I stamped it on some Basic Grey paper, added some My Minds Eye and Making Memories ledger paper. All of them were either inked dtp or using a brush to stipple on the ink - you really have to be bold to do stippling for the Stipple Queen (that's the birthday girl whose stippling knows no match - she is the undisputed queen of that) I stamped the alphas using Purple Onion's Lettera32; i punched them out using a PaperShaper rectangle punch then stippled oer the entire shape. Pop-dotted the letters to make them stand out. Oh and its probably too tiny to see but i used diamond glaze over the date of her birthday to hilight it.
Now for something completely different - i've been experimenting with drawing and coloring on vellum. For both of these i used prismacolor pencils as well as my rapidograph for the inking. My subject matter? a photo of myself and my grandmother that i treasure. I'm pondering using this on a scrapbook page but really i just wanted to see how it would turn out. I made two drawings. The first try is on your left; the 2nd is on your right. i'm thinking i want to work on this some more. i wil tell you one thing - i haven't felt that focused in while so i must be on the right track


2 comments:

michelle cook infantino said...

always love your drawings!

Donna Layton said...

You do amaze with that wonderful drawing talent. You know how much I want to be able to do it. I'll work on it with the advice you gave me. Thank you.
I really love the card you made for Kris. You're right, you are nuts for sending a stippled card to the stipple queen. She is incredible at that technique. Tina runs a pretty darn close second!