Monday, November 30, 2009

Christmas Card #10 - And now for something completely different!


perhaps it should be my "Monty Python" Christmas Card.....

I wanted to try using some stamps from Purple Onion Designs - specifically the music background and my 2nd favorite alphas, Garamouche (2nd only to Lizziebelle, naturellement). I stamped the background with some Distress Ink in Tea Dye. Then I stamped the alphas (and a circle stamp) in versamark and clear embossed it. Then I used a sponge to rubon the StampinUp! Old Olive ink.
This was my fun little experiment and I kinda like it. I do have plans to give it another go - just slightly different. I'm hoping to have a chance to play with that tonight and I'll post my results.

5 comments:

Babsarella said...

Totally clever and love the way you used all the cool POD stamps. Can't wait to see what is next!

Annie said...

I agree with Barbara - totally clever. Make the circles into little bulb ornaments.

Hugs
Annie

Sue McGettigan said...

This is adorable - great experiment, don't you love it when those 'mad scientist' moments hit?

June Houck said...

You are SO cool! And smart and gorgeous...

lauren bergold said...

WOW!!!
awe.
some.
(wow!!!!!!!!!!)

again...for once, i am VERY GLAD i am the world's slowest blurfer...i'd've been inking and stamping for WEEKS and STILL mailing xmas cards *today*!!! (but it'd be worth it to pull off something 1/100th as cool as THIS!!!)

(duuuuuuuuuuuuuude--you ROCK! ♥♥♥)