Thursday, December 06, 2007

Comfort and Joy


okay so I always want to try one of these challenges that go on - i see all the lovely things and I want to play too. I just never seem to be able to get on it fast enough. Always another project. Lauren has been posting things for the challenges at Caardvarks and I decided - I'm playin this time! (Challenge #5)I don't know if I'm thoroughly thrilled but I like it - and that's all that counts. And I even used some of my shtuff - things I hoard like these Making Memories poinsettias. I used my cute little punch from StampinUp! that creates the scallops so nicely and I used my brandy new Holidoodle set from Purple Onion Designs (the comfort and joy sentiment). I picked the 'comfort and joy' sentiment cos the paper is all about candy canes and hot cocoa - that's comfort and joy to me! Oh yeah... the paper is Frances Meyer. Isn't it cute? I used it on another little project but I need to wait to post that one!
Btw - it snowed all day here in the burg on Wednesday. Although very pretty and in keeping with the holiday it really messed up the daughter's day. She spent 2-1/2 hours on the bus in the morning trying to get to school. Missed a test too. Then they let them out at 2pm and she didn't get home til almost 4pm. Stinks huh? As for me - I shoveled the driveway twice in an attempt to ward off lots of ice in my driveway tomorrow morning. We shall see if it made a difference in the morning.

10 comments:

Sandy said...

Wow this is a fabulous card. Great work.

Dawn♥ said...

Well I think you've done a perfect job on the challenge! Love the outcome of your card! Fabulous job well done! :)

Jean Katherine Baldridge said...

Oh I love this one! it is so evocative!!! and the colors and textures are fantastic!

lauren bergold said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tracy's a caardvark! tracy's a CAARDVARK!!! woohooooooooo!!!

i actually *meant* to get round here yesterday to say, "hey...there's no deadline on these...do any of the cardmaps on any day you feel like it"...but i ran out of time (sorry). but actually, you magnificently proved the point that if you have a basic idea & a few supplies you wanna use, you can *probably* adapt any sketch and get something cool out of it...which this TOTALLY is!!! (cool, i mean)

well, *I* am thoroughly thrilled! i loooooooooove those poinsettias!!! ...and the paper...and that stamp...and the hand-punched scallops! i guess it would be faster to list the things i *DON'T* like about this card:

...
.....
.......

see that was REALLY fast b/c there is NOTHING i don't like about this card!!! :) oh and did i mention? tracy's a caardvark! HOORAAAAAY!!!

June Houck said...

I'm with Lauren...YEA, Tracy's doin' a Caardvark challenge! Your card is totally fun. That paper screams "comfort & joy." Super, super, super!

Babsarella said...

Exceptional!!! Love the pretty poinsettia and cute paper. The new POD stamps are just the cutest and so perfect for this card!!!

tina said...

Your poor DD stuck on the bus sooooo long, I hope she at least got some reading done! Great card! That is some really cute paper. I like your poinsettia too. I was at the cake shop yesterday to pick up a little cake for DH. I asked what flavor the poinsettia cake was, and the kid behind the counter asked me which cake that would be... um... the big red flower? The only one that is not balloons or roses? *sigh* The one on your card is better than the one on the cake was anyway! :D

SmilynStef said...

So glad you joined the fun ... love your creation.

Sarah Rice said...

This card is adorable!

Lisa Renéa said...

Great card! Love those Caardvark challenges.