Monday, December 01, 2014

Year of Cards: October

Hello kids - I'm back! Well, I'm getting back - to normal. Thanksgiving was absolutely wonderful -and exhausting LOL (I can imagine you're nodding in agreement out there). Lots of food, fun and family. I wished I'd taken just a few more pics of the festivities but it's ok. This morning, things around here are returning to normal. I packed up all the fall and Thanksgiving decorations - now on with the Christmas! Okay, I'm not quite there yet but it's just good to have a quiet morning. Got a number of things done and that feels good. I haven't begun my Cyber-Monday shopping but I'm getting my credit card ready LOL!
So I'm here today to actually share a card (what a concept huh?)  Another in my "Year of Cards" series. Last I posted about this I still had October, November, December, and January cards to create. (A quick rehash - I'm making card sets for family members for Christmas - sortofa stocking stuffer if you will. There is a birthday card for each month featuring stamps from Papertrey Ink.) Today's edition is October. I tried to stay away from Halloweeny things (my older sister's birthday was near the end of October and she hated the Halloween themed birthday parties she had as a little girl. Strangely enough, I loved them and was always a little jealous my September birthday had no theme.)  I did use image stamps from PTI's Scentimentals stamp set (no - these cards aren't scratch-and-sniff but they coulda been!) as well as sentiments from PTI's Birthday Classics: October. I cut that little banner from the Double Ended Banner die and then stamped it with a stamp from PTI's Sketched Shapes. It's simple but I like it (and it's fairly flat - I think it'll mail with one postage stamp).
Thanks for stopping by. Stop on back this week - I'll be sharing November & December's cards!
Have a good one ~

No comments: