Friday, December 05, 2014

Year of Cards: December

Hello again!
So I'm almost at the finish line with my Year of Cards. Today's edition is December.
I tried to go with a winter feeling without it looking like a Christmas card. In my family, we have several Christmas birthdays (my grandfather and my cousin were born on Christmas day. there is one Christmas Eve baby, and several other December birthdays). I love red & white this time of year - candy canes, peppermints etc. I bought  Papertrey Ink's Fair Isle Motifs stamp set - sooo pretty. I went back & forth about using it as I had 8 cards to make (and that meant a lot of stamping! If you look closely at the cards pictured - I used one stamp. Stamped 6 times for each card front.) I tried out a few designs (stamping a selection of the stamps but finally decided to just use one of the large stamps). I couldn't make up my mind which orientation I wanted to do for all of the cards so I made a few of each - but each used the same sized stamped panel and the sentiment (from Birthday Classics: December) stamped on a die cut shape (Lil' Inker Designs Stitched Mats: Rectangles).
Now my Year of Cards is all caught up. I need to wait for the last in the PTI Birthday Classics series - January. It is due for release on the 15th. In the meantime, I'll pack up the cards in their boxes, create a label or belly band - still pondering packaging - and have it all ready to go for that final card.
Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

June Houck said...

These are perfect! I adore that stitched background stamp...what a perfect pairing in red and for December birthdays. Yay for you being all caught up :)