Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Year of Cards: February

I've been working away at my "year of cards" gifts for the family. I've been working on June in the past week and realized I'd forgotten to post February's edition. I used Papertrey Ink's Birthday Classics: February stamp set and Scarlet Jewel patterned paper. I also used a couple of Papertrey dies: the heart border as well as the Monthly Moments: Spiral Notebook die. I was feelin it needed something else so I hunted through my stamps and found an older set from StampinUp! - a Sell-A-Bration set called Fresh Vintage. Not sure if you can see it in the photo but it just adds a little something to break up that space. And on this particular card (there are 8 of these cards) I used a distressing tool to rough up the edges. I made half of the cards using the Fine Linen cardstock you see here. The other half I used Soft Stone. Both colors looked so pretty with the Scarlett Jewel and I just couldn't decide LOL!
I'll post June probably tomorrow. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: