Saturday, September 13, 2014

Birthday Buddies (Part 2)

Sorry I didn't get back here yesterday. Spent the day waiting for the new refrigerator that NEVER came. Oh now that is a story you will not believe. For another day when there is no longer steam coming from my head :-)
So where did I leave off - oh yeah Birthday Buddies. I am happy to report that the birthday corsage seemed to go over well - it was worn proudly and couldn't have made me smile more. Amy - if you're reading this - you're a sweetie (but then we know that don't we!)
Ok so my second birthday buddy - well she's such a dear that she has a slew of friends. One of whom got us all together to make a special birthday book for her. Literally friends from all over the world contributed to this gift. Everyone created pages to be put into book form. Quite a collaboration - but then she is quite a special woman. So my contribution was something like a shaker card that opened.
The first pic is what you would see when you came to my page in the book



Here's a closeup for you to see there's a little tab on the right hand side that says "Lift here". (The tab is a diecut from Quickutz.)














And when you lift up that page this is what you'll see




A little song, that we all know, to accompany the viewing of the main page below. (That main music image stamp is by a company that sadly is no longer in business. I just wrote in the words. I drew the little banner at the top.)


Since this friend is known for her beading I felt compelled to create a shaker card with beads. It was quite a sparkly affair.
And how can someone not enjoy a shaker card, I ask you?
(The stamps on the cover page and the "wishing you a very happy birthday" die here as well as the balloons in the background behind the beads - all from Papertrey Ink)

Ok - that's all for today. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: