Sunday, December 09, 2012

Christmas Tag-a-rama

I did promise to share some tags I was making for my sister and her family - so here we go:
Here are the two tags for my nephews using PTI's Tag Sale #6 die along with dies from PTI's In the Meadow. I used some patterned paper from Memory Box (Tinsel). When I was done assembling I took a glue pen and ran lines over the pattern in the paper then sprinkled on some ultra fine glitter. In the first pic you can't see the lines - you just see the shimmer - but in this second pic I was able to get those lines visible in the photo.  In real life you don't see the lines unless you're holding it at just the right angle - but that's really what I was going for - the overall shimmer.






















Next we have the tag for my niece, the boys younger sister. She is 4 and a girly girl. She loves anything pink and sparkly! So I decided she should have a pink polka-dotted Christmas tree. Why not! I used some of PTI's Raspberry Fizz cardstock and stamped (in Versamark)on the polkas using PTI's Polka Dot Basics - then used some white embossing powder. I cut out another Tag Sale #6 and attached some Cosmo Cricket patterned paper (Jolly by Golly). I used some Crystal Glitter from Walmart on the bottom area (adhered with Modpodge), added the pink tree then finished it off with the little die cut snowman die from In the Meadow.  All three tags are stamped with a sentiment from Fillable Frames #9 (they're  also got the To: From: stamped on the back of each tag.)
Finally I wanted some little tags to also go on these packages that say don't open til Christmas (they are quite the imps these 3!)
I cut out the tags using the die from Fillable Frames #9 using papers from PTI's New Leaf Pattern pack. I cut out small rectangles with an EK success punch and used those as reinforcers for the tags. The image is a Holiday Seal stamp from Catslife Press. I stamped in versamark and embossed with white ep. Finally I attached some bakers twine.  Then I took a white gel marker and wrote in the date.
Alright then. Thanks for stopping by - have a good one!
Edited to add - I just realized the first two tags would be good for the Make it Monday challenge - so consider these entered ;-)
 

7 comments:

craftmates said...

Your tags are all beautiful! Love the shimmer and sparkle of the first couple of tags. And I like the "no peeking" sentiment of the last one.- Irma

Leah said...

They are all fabulous but I especially love the pink tree! My dd is 4 too and she would adore this:) I am so happy to see more ideas for In the Meadow as I caved and just ordered it:)

LEG Studios said...

Great set of tags, Tracy! I love that Santa seal stamp ... Perfect for kids!!

carol (krillsister) said...

Cute tags!
Love the sparkle background on the boy tags.
The pink polka dot Christmas tree is sooo girly. I think your neice will love it.

Jen Adcock said...

Too cute! Loving the spotty Christmas tree.

Leigh Penner said...

Lovely! I'm getting this set for Christmas (can you tell I buy my own gifts? LOL!) and I can't wait to use it!

Marybeth said...

Your tags are just beautiful ! I love your story about the store that gift wrapped for free. We had a store like that too. I could relate to everything you said. To this day I love to embellish the gifts. I also have some decorations from those gifts on my tree. Our store was called Box.... Thanks for sharing your memory.