Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Make it Monday #94 Detail Glitter Technique

So I've been trying to get back to making Christmas cards - and I managed to get one made today. I pulled out PTI's Mistletoe & Holly (for the image) and Happiest of Holidays (for the sentiment). I wanted to use a favorite color combo - aqua and red. I stamped the main image with versamark and clear embossed it. Then I stamped the mistletoe berries in versamark but I used white embossing powder this time. (Here it looks a little off white - I'm thinking that's got to do with the aqua..... regardless). I used the Mat Stack 1 die to cut out the sentiment shape (wish I'd gotten the Mat Stack Layerz 1 to mat that but I digress) and stamped the sentiment in red. I mounted that on some foam tape - but before I attached it I wrapped some bakers twine around the card. I finished the whole thing off by adding some Ultra Fine glitter to the berries (I used a Martha Stewart glue pen to adhere it). I really wish the photo shows the shiny embossing powder  and the glitter - you'll just have to believe me when I say it's a little magical. Sort of sugarplum-esque.
Okay... off I go. Have a good one!

4 comments:

Leah said...

So pretty! Lovely color combo...will have to try that one soon. Love the balance you achieved with the stamping and the sentiment matting and the twine is just perfect:)

Leigh Penner said...

Oooh, lovely! I love this colour scheme!

Nancy Guse said...

Your background is so soft looking, beautiful colors. I like how your background frames the sentiment and the twine accents the word laughter.

Jacquie Southas said...

Gorgeous color palette & the glittered berries are perfect!