Thursday, May 24, 2012

For You (Year of Flowers)



I wish these photos were better but .... I wanted to make a few cards with the Garden Variety II set from Papertrey Ink - along with the Year of Flowers Collection set. May's flower is Lilies of the Valley and we know how much I love the larger version of that stamp. I used the Seed Packet Frame 2 die and stamped it then used the Year of Flowers Titles Mini Stamp set to stamp in the "Lilies of the Valley" at the top. I used some Anna Griffin patterned paper I still have along with some cardstock I embossed with the swiss dot embossing folder from Cuttlebug. I searched around and found a wee label from Making Memories that I could stamp with "for you". Now I know you can see some black ribbon and some polka dotted ribbon but you cannot see some Smash tape (black polka dot) that's there too - but you can see it in the next card. And finally I used some Copic markers to color in the image of the flowers.

Now on to card number two. This also uses some Anna Griffin paper and the same Seed Packet Frame 2 die. This time I took the title and kinda bent the stamp so the title "Morning Glories" follows the line of the seed packet frame. I used the same ribbons and that Smash tape as well as another little tag. The flower image was colored using Prismacolor pencils - for the leaves I used some Copic markers.
I'll wrap up here saying that I have such a hard time tying those pretty bows (and they certainly don't survive an envelope well) - but they're so pretty it can be worth the effort every one in a while LOL
have a good one!

No comments: