Saturday, January 05, 2008

Smart Pet Tricks



I was going to title this stupid pet tricks but I just can't call Frankie & Holly stupid. They're too smart and I love 'em too much to do that. But they have been quite the rascals of late so I thought you might get a giggle out of their antics.

First up is Holly. My mostly companion.

I have no idea when this particular trick began although I discovered her doing this in early December. I spose you could say she has always been doing this - while we are not in the house? But I would think that in 10 years we would've caught her before now. Soakin wet.... nuff said. I spose we all may have to learn to close the lid. (I have to remember to ask my sister, the vet, if this is really bad for her or not)

Next up is Frankie (I call him Franklin when he's in trouble. He gets called Franklin a lot. He's the original Peck's Bad Boy I swear. He opens doors, medicine cabinets and the freezer. I am NOT kidding - and he is so darn cute he gets away with it all) Yesterday I was sitting here at the computer and I heard a paper rustling sound. At first I dismissed it, somewhat absorbed in what I was doing at the time. Then I heard it again. This strange paper rustling noise. I thought I'd better investigate although my imagination is often much worse than the reality. I got up from my chair and walked out of this room and looked from side to side. Then out of my bedroom walked Frankie - in this get-up - a Kohl's bag worn superhero-style. I started to laugh so hard I almost cried. Frankie didn't seem amused. I told him I had to get a picture first before I rescued him (he owes me at least that much LOL!) He declined to comment on how he got him self into this situation although I did inquire. I took the bag off of him and he went on his merry, crazy kitty way.
I know people who don't have pets are missing out. Seriously. I adore these two furry friends and they reward me daily with love ...and shenanigans.
Have a good one!

7 comments:

Sue McGettigan said...

Ha ha - naughty! It looks like your two kitties will keep you plenty busy in 2008 :) Our little cat is long gone now, but our dog keeps us amused with his daily 'smart pet tricks'.

June Houck said...

Oh, this makes me miss my Sadie! He was my mostly companion and was often able to find a bit of mischief. Skeeziks is sooooo sweet but much less "outgoing". The worst she has ever done is eat my plants and then spit it up...

Jean Katherine Baldridge said...

OH OH!!! I just split my sides!!!

your cats are too much!!! I love these photos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH WHAT WONDERFUL CATS!!!

lauren bergold said...

it's a birrrrrrd! it's a plaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaane!! it's SUPERCAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) (that is HILARIOUS!)

Babsarella said...

He he he he...just too cute and funny. Love it!!! You know, while Mizz Beula was at the spa, they actually got her to pose in a santa suit for a photo. I couldn't believe it!!!

Cindy said...

LOL..."super hero style" how funny is that? I love it. Your's opens cabinets and such, as does ours. We had to put kid locks on to keep her out of em. They are fun though, are'nt they?

c

Donna Layton said...

This is totally hilarious!