Monday, January 07, 2008

another warm day here in the burg; an oldie but a goodie


so warm I have the windows open. I have to keep reminding myself it's January! Even living in Virginia we shouldn't be having this kind of weather in January - it's crazy - not complaining mind you.
Here's a little thank you I made for my dear friend June. I used a few Christmas presents finally - this StampinUp! set called Priceless and some Nestabilities. I'd been looking at both the stamps and the dies for months and months and well - isn't that what Christmas is for? :-)
Anyway I used Versamark and clear ep for the bottom portion. Then I stamped the sentiment with Ancient Page (my favorite black i think) and clear ep'd that (yeah i embossed that dye ink again) then versamarked over the entire circle and clear ep'd it. The band that looks like ribbon going across is cardstock I ran thru my paper crimper. Yeah - a paper crimper - remember those? I loved that thing years ago. I was looking for something else and came across it and said well gee - I think I need to use this again. It really is an oldie but a goodie yaknow? As it happened I didn't have any black ribbon handy so finding that crimper was a little bit of serendipity.

3 comments:

Babsarella said...

Totally wonderful (as always)! Love all the stamps and WOW, that's a lot of embossing!!! Love the paper ribbon that has been crimped too!!! You know I have a paper crimper (well why not, I have almost everything else, right?), and I bet I have never even used it. Hey, but I do know where it is!!! (well, at least I think I know where it is)!!

lauren bergold said...

...ya know...you CAN'T EMBOSS with dye ink!!! :) (HAHAhahahaHA! sorry, just could not resist that!)

lovely card for miss june there!

Jean Katherine Baldridge said...

you are so good at this! everything you make is a delight!!!