Thursday, January 24, 2008

a little birthday candle action

the birthday queen should have made an appearance on Tuesday to wish Michele a wonderful day - so she's makin an appearance today - better late than never. And whilst we're doing that I'm gonna show you the little project I was working on - a little book for Michele.


The ribbon is gettin in the way of some of the words but it says:

Are you ready? Cue music; Hit the lights; add a little birthday candle action; Now lets all sing.....
































If blogger wasn't a pain when you post a lot of pics - well i might format this a little differently but actually you can see how it reads. The words to the song are on your left and the little illustrations are to your right. I don't know if other families sing the "how old are you now" part but we always did - and still do to this day - so i threw that in as well. (yes - i ran out of time and i had to give in and print some of the last verse - the how old are you now part - if i didnt this little book would still be sitting here and it was late as it was with the MLK holiday). I used a lot of Purple Onion Designs stamps, natch :-) and my own little drawings that i drew on bristol board, inked then colored in with prismas and odorless mineral spirits (mcpt technique). Oh yeah - i used my binditall to put the whole thing together - i just love my binditall!
I better run - have a good one! And Michele - happy birthday again missy!
....edited to add - i totally forgot to edit these photos so they're gonna come out large when you click - sorry about that!

15 comments:

Donna Layton said...

It's absolutely unbelievable! I KNOW you had fun making this. It's so you. I was able to click on every single picture to see the full size! Lickity split. Easy as pie. What a treat!

Lisa Renéa said...

Very cool! Such a fun way to express the sentiment! New art from you-such a treat!

Lisa Renéa said...

Tracy, I hit comment, before I got finished with my post (ya know the kitty loves your art, too and wanted to help me post) Have you ever considered illustrating/writing
books? You should!!!

Amy Sheffer said...

Oh. My. Gosh. Pardon me ... after I pick my jaw up off the floor I'll be able to leave a 'real' comment!

June Houck said...

You crazy girl! This is so funny...all those drawings...Wow! So much really great art work and of course your beautiful handwriting :)

Happy Birthday to Michele! She is gonna love this.

Jean Katherine Baldridge said...

adorable card!!! and congratulations--you won T shirt!

Linda M said...

Absolutely amazing!!! I love all your illustrations. This is the sweetest gift. I know Michele was just thrilled.

lauren bergold said...

HOLY
FRICKIN'
MACKERAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(s'cuse me, but hey--you're a jersey girl so i am speakin' your native tongue here!)

TRACY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you have made some AWESOME things...you have done drawings that make me green with envy...but THIS...! yikes. you are SCARY talented, girlfriend! woooOOooooOOOoooow!

(WOW!!!)

Jean Katherine Baldridge said...

I came back, I love this so much!

Cindy said...

What a cute cute book! I love it all and I bet she will too.

Michele said...

OMG...I didn't realize that you had this up here with photos of all the pages. You just saved me a ton of work...lol.

Thank you so much for this! It is incredible and so touching that you went to all this trouble for moi. :)

Vintage Papers said...

this is the cutest! M's birthday wasn't on our list at 2peas...I would love to know so we can wish her belated birthday wishes!

Joan Y said...

Lucky Michele!!!!! What a great card! And thanks for sharing it with us ... it gives me lots of ideas

Sue McGettigan said...

Ohmigosh you are a total goshdarned genius!!!! This is the cutest, most adorable, funnest and most fabulous project I've seen in a mighty long time tfp, you are somethin' else! I'm totally loving your drawings and singing along :)

tina said...

Oh my goodness- I am in awe... your illustrations are just perfect- what an absolute treasure! I clicked on every pic to see the details- wow wow wow!!