Sunday, April 07, 2024

Jingle Belles JB#2407 Cookie Inspired Christmas

 I am back for more Jingle Belles fun - just by the skin of my teeth. 

Considering the inspiration were some absolutely gorgeous cookies and that my middle name during the holidays is Cookie, I was suprised how long it took for me to come up with my card. Sure there were some life distractions. But in the end, I made cookies. (something I frequently do in real life!)





I used dies to cut out shapes that became the icing for my cookies which I cut out of kraft cardstock. I browned the edges with some chalk.  I painted the cookie icing die cut shapes with watercolors. Used some enamel dots for berries or tree lights. Finally I took some silver metallic cardstock to create a cookie cooling rack.

Thanks for stopping by - happy card making!


2 comments:

lauren bergold said...

Yowza! That is supercool! I love how you watercolored the images to make them look more like realistic frosting! So pleased you could join our Cookie-Inspired photo inspiration fun at Jingle Belles!

SmilynStef said...

Your cookies look good enough to eat ... so glad you joined our Cookie-inspired prompt at Jingle Belles.