Saturday, April 20, 2024

Jingle Belles Earth Day #JB2408

 Ah yes Earth Day. Does anyone else remember the first Earth Day? It was 1970 and yes, I remember it well. It was not met with that much enthusiasm at the time - or at least that's my recollection. I remember when it was discussed it was a little bit too "granola" for some. IYKYK. Those were funny times. 



Regardless, this was a head scratcher for me in that I don't keep too much extra stuff on hand. I'm on the "use it up" train. I definitely have supplies I'm trying to use up. And while I was looking through some things I found a card I'd saved because I loved the image. So the main image of the kids decorating the tree is that card front I'd saved. I used some old patterned paper for the background. That paper prompted me to see if I had any die cuts and sentiments in a box of Anna Griffin kit leftovers: I did!  The sentiments were popped up with foam on some green shapes. I took that apart and sandwiched the star diecut in between. I mounted the main image on some red cardstock then used the gold german scrap trip to sparkle it up a bit. That's pretty much it.

I'd love to try to make another card for this challenge but suffice it to say my life is not completely my own - I barely got this card made LOL. But I'm gonna keep playing. Thanks for stopping by.



2 comments:

SmilynStef said...

love that you remembered to use your kit leftovers ... and what a pretty way to frame your image ... so glad you joined us for our Earth Day celebration at Jingle Belles.

lauren bergold said...

Oh wow, GO YOU for squeezing in some time AND finding the perfect card for upcycling! Love everything about this, missus! So happy you could join our creative celebration of Earth Day at Jingle Belles! ♥♥♥