Sunday, April 21, 2013

On your Confirmation

okay so my last post was for a First Communion card. Now we're on to the Confirmation card for the brother of the recipient of that card.... did you get all that? LOL Now that lovely set I used on the Communion card has a sentiment "Confirmation" which is nice. But the images don't really reflect Confirmation. So... what to do. Gotta make my own. So here's what I came up with - the Holy Spirit :-). I just drew a dove and cut it out.





 I knew I wanted to try a few different things with that shape. I tried watercoloring with watercolor crayons then went back to the shape alone. Then tried using a little Pearl Ex to give that shape some shimmer. Finally I just came back to the shape itself (oh yeah just the dove not the haloed area). I ended up using a circle Nestabilities die to cut the circle in PTI Lemon Tart cardstock and mounted that on some PTI Spring Rain cardstock(and then a card base of white). I used some 3M foam tape to pop that dove up a bit. I added the "on your" with a Micron pen. And voila. Confirmation card done. Which is a good thing cos that little event is this week - I'd mixed it up with the Communion (which is the week after.)  I kept my original drawn cut out dove - he's tacked to my bulletin board so I can use him again next Confirmation LOL! (unless somebody comes out with a die I can use in the meantime. Wouldn't that be fine :-))
Okay thanks for visiting - have a good one!



3 comments:

Marybeth said...

This one is perfect Tracey! Love the hand drawn Holy Sprit and the bit on hand writing on the sentiment! You are all set !

Babsarella said...

Beautiful!!

Palmdale Bathroom Renovations said...

Hi great reading yourr blog