Wednesday, April 17, 2013

First Communion

I have been looking for years - really - for a First Communion stamp set. I've seen some ok ones but nothing I was willing to spend some money on. So every time I had another First Communion in the family to celebrate (and there have been mmmmmmaaaaaannnnny) it pretty much killed me to go to the card store - but go I did. As recently as last month - a nephew celebrating First Communion and Confirmation all together. Right after that I happened to be looking at Marybeth's Time for Paper blog and saw her post of a Communion card. The stamp (from Serendipity Stamps)was perfect and I said "sold"! So here's my card (as there's another Communion coming up next week :-))
I colored using Copics for everything but the chalice. I tried a number of gold pencils to color in that chalice but I couldn't get the gold I wanted - so I finally used a silver Prismacolor pencil and mineral spirits. I used a Nestabilities die to cut out the image and stamped the "First Communion" sentiment from the set. The "on your" is just my handwriting with a Micron pen. I stamped out a bunch more of these images needless to say - so I could make more cards for the next First Communion. (After I hit the stamp store to get a refill on my one butter Copic pen........LOL) Thanks for stopping by. Have a good one!

4 comments:

Marybeth said...

Tracy ......this is beautiful ! I'm so glad you saw the stamp and liked it! Not sue if you know, but it was one of my very first purchases at SerendipityS I feet the same way as you about finding it ! Love this stamp. I also love the way you added a bit of your own handwriting on the wonderful card.you colored this perfectly . I have tow of the butter color then learned you can refill them . Thanks for the mention.

Babsarella said...

Gorgeous and just perfect for a first communion!!

Punk Rock Kid said...

Great readd thank you

Punk Rock Kid said...

Thhanks for writing