Saturday, April 13, 2013

Make it Monday #111: Watercoloring Embossed Images

So this week the Make it Monday Challenge is to watercolor embossed images. I thought that would be some fun since I seem to be embossing everything I get my hands on lately. The hard part was to decide what I wanted to watercolor. Then I realized it wasn't so hard to decide after all - I can't seem to get enough of the Year of Flowers: Morning Glories stamp set from PTI. I stamped the flowers in Versamark then embossed with White embossing powder. I used reinkers to color in the the flower and leaves with a water pen I had on hand. There was a point where I thought I had those leaves dark enough - left it to dry and when I came back it had dried a lot lighter. But I decided against going back in and trying to get a little more definition. I really liked the way the flowers came out and decided to quit while I was ahead ;-) On to the rest of the card! I took the sentiment that comes with the set and did some masking so that I could have one line at the top of the card and the remaining line at the bottom. I stamped both in PTI Fresh snow and embossed with White EP - at the bottom you'll note I stamped on vellum that I'd diecut with PTI's Small Scallop Border Die.  Now for that Lemon Tart (yellow) center area - I decided to use the Polka Dot Basics stamp set. I wanted a subtle background so I stamped in Fresh Snow then used Clear Embossing Powder.  I did try Versamark - Clear embossed but that created a dark dot which is not what I was going for - the white clear embossed polka was just right.  Finally I used foam tape to pop up the image.
Alrighty- I'm off to make the most of this beautiful Saturday. Hoping to get in some more stamping for sure! Have a wonderful day!

3 comments:

carol (krillsister) said...

Pretty card. Great layout. I love how you separated the sentiment. I know what you mean about redoing something. Afraid if you touch it, the end product will not be as desirable. the flowers look so soft.

Marybeth said...

Such a beautiful sentiment Tracy! Love the flower and color you chose to make this beautiful card.

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so lovely, Tracy! I love how you embossed the flowers in white and then coloured them in -- so very pretty!