Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Make It Monday #104 : Handmade Pinwheels

On Sunday I was playing around with some Papertrey Ink stamps - stamping on a sheet of Guidelines I Grid cardstock with my Giga Guidelines Stamp set. It's been a while since I played with this set and I wanted to make a birthday card. I stamped the entire sheet with one of the stamps from the set using Melon Berry ink. I played a bit with another color and tried adding in another stamp to the mix - then I had to call it a night.
On Monday I got home from work and viewed the Make It Monday this week and I thought - this sheet of stamped images is the perfect starting off point for making a pinwheel (and my birthday card). Here's the card I came up with - I added a square of Aqua Mist Gingham patterned paper behind my pinwheel and an aqua button with some floss. The sentiment is from Think Big Favorites #7.  I did make another pinwheel using some more images from the sheet and I'm hoping to make another card using it.
Oh I forgot to say I clipped my card to a cute little stand my sister made me for Christmas - so that's what you're seeing in the photo of my card. I've been using this little stand since Christmas to clip recipes up while I'm cooking and cards I want to look at after I've made them. Okay... thanks for coming by!

6 comments:

Marybeth said...

I love the paper you stamped in melon 441berry ,looks like you bought it. I also like the way you added the gingham paper behind the pinwheel almost looks like part of the wheel. Beautiful card! What a sweet gift from your sister !

Carolanne said...

LOVE how the background and pinwheel match. The square behind the pinwheel really makes it stand out. So pretty!

Jacquie Southas said...

Fabulous stamped background - love the soft palette & the gingham panel set as a diamond!

Joyce said...

Super pinwheel. Great idea to make your own patterned paper, and the gingham looks perfect with it.

Linda said...

This is so pretty. Love the colors.

devendra tripathi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.