Monday, January 07, 2013

Just a note hello

I was doing a little cleaning up (well i still need to bring a wrecking ball for the rest of this room....) - I'd pulled out so many different papers from my stash to work on an album gift so I had to get that out of the way. I came upon this plaid paper, which I love - love all kinds of plaid and Chatterbox made so many nice ones. Any-how... I thought I'd make a quick-ish card for a family member to say hi. I used the PTI Mat Stack 5 die to cut some cardstock and vellum. Then I used PTI's Thing Big Favorites #22 to stamp the sentiment in Versamark on vellum then I heat embossed it with some white embossing powder. I decided to trim the top and bottom off the die cut shape to expose the cardstock. I added a strip of the same cardstock at the top and die cut PTI's heart border die for the bottom. I also die cut some buttons using the Buttoned Up #1 die. Finally I did a little stitching - yay - Santa brought me a new sewing machine for Christmas! I've missed stitching on my cards - so I'm a sewing fool again! Oh yeah - I tried some embroidery floss to tie up those buttons but it wasn't looking quite right. I just don't like when the holes are still exposed - the floss doesn't seem to fill the diecut holes well enough. So I tried some paper jewelry cord - kinda reminds me of twistel...remember that? Anyway I liked that much better. Okay - I'm off to see what I'm going to feed this crew. Hope to be back tomorrow with a card I made the other day.

No comments: