Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day


Here's the card I'm giving my mom today. And please believe me when I say that swiss dot embossed background is a much nicer color green than it looks! for some reason the scan came out looking like a minty green which it is not. It's more of a springy green. (Don't you hate when the scan color is not true?)
Anyway the circles were cut with Nestabilities, the heart is Quickutz. The stamps are StampinUp! The patterned paper is Making Memories and the brads are DCWV. I used my prisma colored pencils and the MCPT. Oh yeah - i stamped the sentiment and then aged it with Antique Linen distress ink. I think that's all. I hope you all have a wonderful Mother's Day!

7 comments:

June Houck said...

LOVELY! I still love those MM dps. I can't wait until my swiss dots embossing folder arrives :) And those Nestibilities...still looking at those...

Jean Katherine Baldridge said...

this is perfect! I wish I were our mother!!! I know that is confusing, but you get it, I hope!xox

Babsarella said...

What a beautiful and lovely card, no matter shade of green!!! I bet your Mom loved it and is so grateful for all you do for her!!! Hope your Mother's day was EXTRA SPECIAL cuz you deserve it!!!

Lisa Renéa said...

Beautiful! Love the scalloped circles! Hope your Mother's Day was terrific!

lauren bergold said...

loooooooooooooovely card, as per usual! lucky mama!

(& yeah...scanner/color...and in my case scanner/STRAIGHTNESS is a recurrently annoying theme in my cyber-based life!) (grrrrrrr!)

Donna Layton said...

I LOVE that swiss dot embossing thingy. I really should get set up do to the embossing. There are so many options with the die cutter/embossers these days that I don't know what to get. I could actually probably run those things through my Wizard.

Anonymous said...

To the owner of this blog, how far youve come?You were a great blogger.