Saturday, May 03, 2008

Getting back and I want you to meet someone

I finally switched my top photo back to the original one. Now its off center but i can't be bothered to figure out why!
This morning I've been catching up on blogs - still have few to go but it's been fun. I've missed you all.
I've been keeping busy: making cards some of the time. Also going through 23+ years of photos. Why? We're having a surprise 80th birthday party for the f-i-l and we're doing a little photo trip down memory lane with music. Sifting through all those pictures was fun in some respects. You forget a lot. Thank goodness for pictures! I have a good number of digital photos and ones on CD's (when the photos were developed I'm so glad I got those CD's). But there were so many good old-fashioned photos with negatives. And those were the ones that needed scanning. Total time eater! Anyway that project is done - CD of the selected pics are off to the nephew (who is putting this together for his grandad) today. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product at the party at the end of the month.
What else have I been up to -
well we have a new member of the family -
meet Spencer!
She (yes, she) is a mix - Maine Coon cat and domestic medium hair. Isn't she the cutest?
We didn't name her - she came with her name although she doesn't always answer to it. She was a stray that was brought to a shelter and named. Then she was taken by a Maine Coon cat rescue organization. I was shopping for food for Frankie in the Petsmart and the rescue was there with a number of maine coon cats. And little miss Spencer here was just miss personality plus. She made sure I knew she liked me a bunch. I went to the Petsmart with no intentions of falling in love with any cat. But I just couldn't get her out of my head. Frankie needed a friend. Although we still miss Holly, and always will, we thought why not get a friend for Frankie. He deserves a buddy. I'll tell you all about our getting acquainted period soon - with pictures of course!

5 comments:

Kris H said...

First off... I'm glad to see you back. I have missed you! Secondly, I'm so glad you found another cat. Sounds like it was meant to be to have Spencer. You will always keep Holly close in your heart. But, I'm sure that Frankie is missing Holly and having a "buddy" too. Before you know it... they will probably be inseperable. By the way... I have never heard of a Maine Coon cat... she is beautiful!!!

Lisa Renéa said...

Maine Coons are the coolest cats! What a fuzzy ball of goodness Spencer is! So cute.

lauren bergold said...

OMG! she is most definitely the CUTEST thing on four legs...except for frankie of course...who's still DA MAN!!!

(ps: you have made me *genuinely* "LOL" this morning...at the idea...of ANY CAT *answering* to their name!!!!! HAHAHA! that's hilarious!)

Babsarella said...

Glad to see you back, and love your cute new addition. I hope your kitties grow to like and enjoy each other.

Donna Layton said...

You didn't tell me the Maine Coon Cat part. I've never heard of such a thing.