Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Happy Birthday with Ruby Reprise

Doubtful the recipient has received her card yet (dreaded snowstorm may've delayed the mailman)  but I'm going to post this regardless. Happy Birthday Michele! 
I sat down to make this card and had some lovely inspiration in mind when I did - check out this card by Betsy Veldman. I just loved how she used that tiny little flower stamp from Ruby Reprise (a wonderful little freebie stamp set from Papertrey Ink.)That little flower just dancing across the card. Kinda makes me think of twinkling lights. Anyhow...
 I stamped the flower all over my card in two colors (PTI Fresh Snow and SU! Lovely Lilac - which i think is retired? i have my reinker thank goodness!)  The sentiment is from PTI's Stylish Sentiments: Birthday and you'll note I continued stamping the little flower in the sentiment banner area only this time I used PTI's Fine Linen. The cardstock used is PTI Fine Linen, Winter Wisteria and Royal Velvet. I topped the whole thing off with a little grosgrain ribbon at the top and a button tied with some embroidery thread.
Okay that's it for today. I do have another card I'll be posting soon. I know... two cards in a week - I think... I think I'm back :-)

1 comment:

Marybeth said...

I have yet to use this little set and I too love the way you and Betsy have used the tiny stamp ! Beautiful color and card!211