Thursday, July 05, 2012

Make it Monday #73 Stamping on Patterned Paper

 I finally had a little time to play around with my stamps and decided to try the Make it Monday. I love these challenges especially when I need to make a card - gives me a bit of a kick start - ya know? So I had some scraps from last week's challenge where I used Papertrey's Giga Guide Lines to make a background. I used the scraps and added some tiny Raspberry Fizz cardstock circles to coordinate with a flower I made using the Bloom Builders #3 die (I cannot wait to make some of these flowers for some fall cards - it looks like a big fat chrysanthemum to me). I also wanted to use that raspberry color as it would also coordinate nicely with the patterned paper (from the Polka Dot Parade paper pack). I stamped a tag (Fillable Frames #9 mini stamp set) and then chose a sentiment from the Fillable Frames sentiment set. I also added a button to the flower with a little embroidery floss.
I managed to make another card for this challenge so I'll be back tomorrow to share that one. Have a good one!

7 comments:

Mynn xx said...

What an elegant card! LOVE the fabulous flower! And the pattern you stamped on is great! :)

Linda said...

Such a pretty card. So elegant. Love the colors.

Joyce said...

Pretty card, and love how you used that flower. I made one, too, with that flower. The pink, black and kraft are very striking together.

Beth said...

Beautiful, I love the neutral colour scheme with a pop of pink!

Love Beth x

Anonymous said...

Tracy, I have only one word for your cards-stunning!
Somehow I missed Giga Guidelines in my exploration of PTI stamps. Now I must have them after seeing what you did in this card and your MIM card.

victoria h said...

Great colours,stamping and flower.

Jeanne said...

Thanks for your comment... and I love the pink and black. It's a fav!