Saturday, February 11, 2012

Conversation Hearts Valentines

When I was a little girl, probably just around the time the photo in my blog header was taken, I have a very clear memory of getting a box of conversation heart candies. I remember my Mom and I taking a bus (back in the day when no one drove - we lived in NY :-)) to see her obstetrician (my little sister :-)) and perhaps my mom got the little box of candies for me as a bribe? Maybe cos I was bein so good :-) Whatever the case, I have loved those little candies ever since.

So when I see a coversation heart stamp - it's mine! In this case, the hearts are part of the PTI Friendship Jar: Spring Fillers stamp set.


Here's what that particular stamp looks like - no conversation - just hearts. In the set there are little individual phrases you can add yourself which is rather nice - so you can pick and choose. We love choice! But there is the problem of actually stamping all those little phrases onto the hearts.








Here's how I solved that particular dilemma as I had 10 of these cards to make. I just put the block on top of the stamped heart image and then placed the little phrases in position so then I was ready to go. I colored the "blue" hearts with a Prismacolor pencil and used the MCPT technique. And the "pink" hearts were colored with a Copic marker.

The rest of the cards came together pretty quickly. I used rectangle Nestabilities to cut the window and emboss around it. I cut the Nestabilities double ended tags and stamped with a Purple Onion Design sentiment and tied it up with some ribbon.
Here's a couple more shots of the finished cards

No comments: