Wednesday, March 23, 2005

An Umbrella Opportunity

i'm not complaining. not really. we've had some amazingly beautiful weather here in Northern Virginia- beautiful hope-filled- spring-is-coming weather. it's making my bulbs pop up everywhere and i know that means daffodils, tulips, hyacinths and irises blooming everywhere can't be long off. But all this beauteous weather has been something i've witnessed mostly from a window - looking out at it from work.
So today i have a day off. It's spring break here so i took today and Friday off to spend some time with my daughter. We plan to hit the mall today to look for an outfit for her Confirmation and Easter. I get up this morning to find it is on & off pouring rain. Good for the bulbs - yes. Good for me - not really. I'm one of those people who seems genuinely effected by sun- shining days and by dark, rainy days. I can take a day of dark & crummy but day after day - no. It really has an effect on my overall well-being. Sunny days - ah. Totally different story. I'm a happy girl (no allusion to that Martina McBride song). I really feel deep down happy - like I can do most anything on a sunny day.
Oh well - we're just gonna make the best of it. I have a friend who ALWAYS finds the bright side of a situation. She's an amazing person - i aspire to adapting her sunny attitude about life. She would say today is an opportunity to use my umbrella. i love that.

No comments: