Thursday, March 24, 2005

Cards Aplenty - Cards Galore

i've been working on some Easter cards for family members. I try to send cards for occasions - my brother was a huge card sender. He NEVER missed a holiday, birthday or anniversary. He should have had stock in Hallmark. Me - i like to make cards. And while i often have good intentions i often miss an occasion (this year these recipients did not receive Valentines for instance). I never miss their birthdays but a holiday here and there - well - they understand. Last year i managed St. Patrick's Day cards. This year it's Easter. If only i could just MAKE the silly cards without obsessing about them. But its a character flaw - i understand this. I'm workin on it! There is a favorite customer who comes into the store where i work and she is a mad cardmaker. The woman not only has a fabulous personality (Mary simply rocks) she is organized and makes cardsaplenty - cardsgalore. She sees an idea and she makes it - she makes multiples of the same card. A great idea right? She has a card file where she keeps the initial card and then duplicates of the card - with envelopes - all ready to go when she needs it. It is such a fabulous idea. I want to do this as well i just have to get over my obsession with the idea that i have to make the card for the individual. I know recipients of my cards appreciate and actually notice i have made the card with them in mind. (they notice i incorporate their favorite color for example). But making cards like this can make you a bit mento.
So while making my Easter cards (you knew i was getting back there didn't you?) i said to myself - Tracy - you can make the same card. It's ok. I had an inner battle with myself but i did fairly well (insert insane smile here) If you look below the card with the easter eggs in blue - i made that same card with lavender eggs and coral colored eggs. The basket card with hidden eggs - well that one i made specially for my young nephews. But my favorite is the basket card with the blue polka dot/green background.
All the cards were made using Quickutz http://www.quickutz.com
more on that later....

2 comments:

Christa H. said...

Now you know how much I enjoy your cards!! My last one was a cool pink-polka dot one w/ a tag pullout....so cute Tracy!! Now you know I am not a card maker but...I have a Genesis cutter on the way (she called yesterday) and Helen has now said she wants to do cards so looks like I will need to but some QK!! Akkk...and it is all your fault for making such cute ones.....we both admire them!!

Debby said...

Man, it’s hard to believe that Christmas is just around the corner. I’ve been surfing around the net checking out blogs related to Christmas to see if I can get some ideas for decorating, what kind of Christmas cards to consider sending, and even more important, how to plan a great holiday party. My keyword search led me to Cards Aplenty - Cards Galore. While your site is not exactly what I was looking for, I’m really glad I came across it. Very interesting read! Happy holidays to you!