Sunday, February 09, 2014

Pocket Scrapbooking



I made three little 3x4 pocket scrapbooking cards for the Monthly Moments Trading Card challenge at PTI last night. I had a few minutes and decided I'd give it a whirl - but I didn't check the closing time on the challenge so.... didn't get these in for the challenge. But I had a quick bit of fun and that's what its really all about. I'm so into my Valentines I wasn't participating in all those fun challenges.

So here are mine. Sorry about the pics - its a little dark out this morning and I couldn't get a good pic to save my life. anyway....I'm gonna put them in my box of scrapbooking cards - yes I make little cards now and again with scraps or when the spirit moves me :-) That's whats so fun about these little cards. Just like ATC's - it's this wonderful little canvas and you can just have at it!

For all three I used Papertrey Ink's Big Ticket Basics stamp set. I used the coordinating die on the second one - to make that ticket. On the first one I used the Double-ended banner die. And on all three I used some pretty patterned paper from the Pacific Vineyard paper pack; cardstock colors are Fine Linen, Ripe Avocado and Royal Velvet.
Funny thing - I bought Big Ticket Basics primarily to use in my scrapbooks.
It's such a great set for that - and I've used it in my scrapbooks a few times already. And made some greeting cards as well. It was fun to pull it back out last night. I haven't really had time in the last 4 or 5 months to do any scrapbooking. I'm hoping when a few things fall into place around here over the next month or so I'll be able to get back into a regular schedule of scrapbooking.
We are planning a very big trip in April and May - so excited about that and I'll share more about it in the coming months. But I'd already decided to make something of a travel album ahead of time - to record as we go from place to place. I know from experience, coming home afterward and trying to remember all the details is really hard. I want to make sure I don't forget a thing!
Okay - off to begin my Sunday :-) Have a good one!

1 comment:

Marybeth said...

Oh these are cute too. I so wanted to make some … I just cant keep up with all the parties.
Cant wait to hear more about your big trip ! I will just have to check back in on you my sweet friend. Happy early Saint Valentin’s Day!