Sunday, May 19, 2013

Graduation Card: Reach for the Stars

So, my daughter is graduating from college on Monday, tomorrow. It's a little crazy - it seems just like yesterday when she began. But here we are. I think since she's my "baby" that the time just kind of sped up. I remember having similar thoughts when my son graduated from college - but this REALLY went by fast. Anyway - special events require a card from me :-) natch. So I made two! Actually I couldn't make up my mind on what I wanted to do - I had several ideas. One funny and one serious. So here's my "serious" one ;-) I used PTI's Star Gazer Additions stamp set. It has some very nice sentiments as well as that large constellation stamp. When I bought this set I had in my mind doing the polished stone technique and I think, for the most part, it worked out well. I had a tough time getting a pic I liked - one that showed off the gold highlights.  I clear embossed the large image if that's not apparent then created the polished stone over it. The sentiment was stamped in Versamark as well but I used gold embossing powder.
So last week I mentioned we were heading up to New York City and I'd explain why. My daughter had one of her illustrations entered in a competition. And she was one of the winners. If you are an illustrator, this was a prestigious competition. So on Friday night, we went to the opening of the show for the winners. It was quite the night. For her, and for her proud parents :-0 After the opening we went out to dinner in the city - my nephew and his wife had driven in from NJ - a really wonderful time had by all. Then we had to drive back Saturday because today, Sunday, we have to drive up to Baltimore to attend my daughter's graduate exhibition. I guess that's what you call it LOL. All the seniors put on an exhibition of their work. We've got a bunch of family coming in for it. It's going to be another great day for her. Followed by the graduation tomorrow.
So I'll be back with the other card - have a good one.

3 comments:

June Houck said...

Very cool card...but I really can't believe that E is already graduating! wowza...she was just in middle school...

Babsarella said...

Fabulous card and how exciting!! Congratulations to The Graduate!!

Marybeth said...

Gorgeous card! You must be so proud! Congrats to your daughter on her illustration winning! That is wonderful and sounds like a great evening!