Saturday, March 13, 2010

spring thinking


i'm thinking spring.
actually i've been thinking spring for a few weeks now - probably started whilst shoveling all that snow! LOL
anyway, as i've mentioned on other occasions, I belong to a little group online. Same group I send all those valentines to. We did a little tag swap/mingle and the theme was "spring". I decided to join in and here's what I made (not the best scan i'm sorry to say). I hand cut the little cardstock border - do you see the little loop on the right hand side? well that's where I punched a hole and added ribbon. The flowers and leaves are Quickutz and the alphas are Sizzix Funky Brush. There's also a cuttlebug swiss dot embossed background there too. For something so seemingly simple I fooled with this off and on for days. (ridiculous huh? well i couldn't decided if I'd use just one color for the flowers or not - actually it looked ok either way - the edge going to using 2 colors as you see above.) I'm in love with these colors - particularly the turquoise. I guess my tag really has more of an aqua... but hey its only a few shades away. Close enough for me. Interestingly enough, I just read Turquoise is Pantone's color of the year. I enjoy looking at the Pantone website. Have I ever mentioned I got to visit Pantone years ago? Long ago, in another lifetime - I was living in New Jersey and my employer had Pantone as a client. I had to visit there to meet up with some of their employees. Oh I wanted to just stay and hang out there... way cool.
Onward. I need to get back to scanning negatives of old photos. My current Suzy Scrapbooker project.

3 comments:

Annie said...

I LOVE SPRING!!! I am hoping to get a trip in to VA sometime around Mother's Day. Will let you know. And as always, awesome work.

Annie

Sue McGettigan said...

So fun - happy Spring!

June Houck said...

This is so very sweet, Miz T!