Tuesday, July 08, 2008

A little beach



a quick post here to show some recent cards.
I stamped, with versamark, the shells (from a retired StampinUp! set) and clear embossed. I colored the shells with white Caran D'ache watercolor crayon and then used a water pen to make a wash out of that crayon. I like the effect of the white on the kraft colored stock. I cut out the sand dollar with a quickutz die. I'm not really crazy about how this card scanned up but trust me it does not curl up like that along the bottom of the mat for the sand dollar.

Here's a similar card - I'd stamped a whole sheet of that shell so I was going to use it! This time I used a seahorse brass embossing plate and ran it through my zipemate and was happy to discover that works! Then I stamped a little sentiment from Purple Onion Designs.

I had to take a photo of the seahorse card because that seahorse was just not scanning at all.
Okay - gotta run here.
Enjoy your day all!

7 comments:

Lisa Renéa said...

Perfection! Beach cards! One couldn't ask for more!

lauren bergold said...

oooooooooooooooh!
not to mention
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

miss tracy, these are magnificent! i love the beach theme and the iconic matted centerpieces...but MOSTLY...i love love LOVE the stamped and watercolored washy-white-on-kraft background shells!

absolutely SUPERB!!!!!!!!!!

June Houck said...

If they could only see them IRL, they would really ooo and ahhhh. Lucky me!

Cindy said...

Sweet cards! Love the embossed one!

c

Sue McGettigan said...

Love those cards Tracy! The crayon on kraft paper looks fab, love the beach motifs too :)

Sue McGettigan said...

Just popping in to say 'chirp chirp' (that's the crickets hanging out at your blog :)

Lisa Renéa said...

Tracy--I keep stoppin' by, hoping to find you, home. LOL. Seriously, hope you & your fam are all doing well! Miss ya!