Saturday, February 24, 2024

Jingle Belles Text Me Challenge Take 3

 I know! not only is it almost the end of February but now I've gone and done a third card for this challenge. (Actually I had 4 potential takes on this one card but selected the one below as my favorite and the only one I turned into a card but I digress...)

Lauren made her 2nd card and it brought to mind a stamp I own that hasn't seen ink in years. It's a very old one from Stampin Up! that I'd always liked very much but hadn't been too successful using. I decided to give it another try. 

I embossed the image using versamark and a Hero Arts Gold embossing powder. Then pulled out a few  different sets of watercolors - Gansai Tambi regular as well as Starry Colors and a set of Prima Metallic Accents. I wanted alll the sparkle. I did try a few different color combinations - and the one you see here was the most successful. I'm glad I finally got a card out of this stamp! Anyone else have some stamps in their collections you haven't been able to make work for you? Thanks for stopping by!



2 comments:

Inkyfingers said...

I love those beautiful colours, Tracy and the gold embossed stamp is so beautiful. I have one or two stamps in my stash because I have seen others do wonderful things with them but I can't think of how else to use them. You've inspired me to go take another look!
Take care,
Hugs
Carol x

lauren bergold said...

Good grief you are ON A ROLL with the texty cards! And I'm so very honored that my Uniko text background card contributed in any way to this elegant confection! (Now I kinda wanna go back and watercolor the Uniko!!!) So happy you could join our celebration of text at Jingle Belles one more time!!! ♥